here is a brilliant recepie for shortbread biscuits.
this makes about 8 triangle peices
you will need….
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 25g (1oz) ground rice or rice flour
- 100g (4oz) butter, refrigerated
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- a 20cm (8 inch) shallow round tin
heat oven to 170°c,325°F, gas mark 3 before you start
1. to grease your tin dip a paper towel in some butter, then rub on the inside of the tin
2. sieve the flour and ground rice/rice flour into a large bowl.
3. cut the butter into small peices, then add them to the bowl. mix carefully with a blunt knife; to coat them with flour
4.using your fingertips, rub the peices of butter. lift the mixture and let it fall back into the bowl as you rub. when this is finished your mixture should look a bit like breadcrumbs
5.after that, stir in the sugar with a spoon.
6. holding the bowl in one hand, squeeze the mixture into on big ball. the heat from your hands will hopefully make it stick together.
7. press the mixture into your tin, that you greased earlier, with your fingers. then, use the back of a spoon to press down the top and make it level.
8. press a pattern around the edge with the prongs of a fork. hten, us a blunt knife to cut the mixture into eeight wedges.
9. bake the shortbread for 30 mins, intil it is golden. leave it for 5 mins to cool, then lift it onto a wire rack.